High blood pressure is very common in old people. Even young ones are getting affected due to modern day’s life styles and stress. Besides medicines, there are some natural remedies for lowering the high blood pressure which are given below:
• Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables which contain fibers such as spinach, fenugreek, etc.
• Drumsticks and bitter gourd are very beneficial for lowering high blood pressure. You should eat them regularly.
• Eating fruits like guavas, oranges, bananas and apples will prove to be beneficial in hypertension. Eat them regularly.
• Papayas are good for hypertension patients. If you eat papaya in empty stomach for 1 month you will get very good result.
• Proper sleep is very important to control your blood pressure. You must take adequate sleep. 7-8 hrs of sleep will be good for you.
• Spinach and carrots are very beneficial in lowering high blood pressure. Make their juice and consume 1 glass of its juice twice daily for amazing result.
• You should eat food containing vitamin B, vitamin E and magnesium. These vitamins are very important to regulate your pressure.
• Take half cup of warm water and add 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper to it. Whenever your blood pressure increases, drink this mixture. This will give you relief.
• Lemon juice proves to be very effective in controlling high blood pressure. Therefore you should consume one or half lemon juice mixed with honey in the morning in empty stomach. Even onion juice mixed with honey works like wonders if you drink in the morning in empty stomach.
• You can lower down your blood pressure with water melon seeds. You need to make powder of its seeds and take 1-2 tablespoon with water. You will observe amazing result.
• Yoga and exercise help to reduce body weight, regulate heart beat and also controls high blood pressure. Shavasana is considered to be very effective natural remedy to control high blood pressure. You can do it for 5-10 minutes twice or thrice a day for better result. Pranayam is the best yog-aasan (Yoga) to cure high blood pressure.
There are some things which one should not do, which are as follows:
• You should not consume salt like normal persons do. Minimize the intake of salt in your diet.
• Besides raising you blood pressure, spicy and hot food also harms your skin, so avoid such food.
• Avoid eating red meats, sweets and chocolates. They are tasty but not good for your health. Meat raises your pressure and is hard to digest. Blood pressure patients should eat only that food which can be easily digested. However, you can eat fish because they are useful in lowering blood pressure.
• Do not consume buffalo milk. Buffalo milk is neither good for brain nor for high blood pressure patients.
• Smoking and alcohol raises your blood pressure. If you check your blood pressure before smoking and after smoking, you will find a great difference in it. Same is the case with alcohol. Therefore if you want to control your blood pressure you need to avoid smoking and alcohol strictly.